I have known about charcoal for a long time, and took capsules internally, but it never dawned on me that it could also be used outside the body. Activated charcoal is incredibly powerful. They use it in hospitals when patients have overdosed, and it really latches on to toxins and clears it out of the system. The many testimonials I read spoke about making a poultice (which I will explain below), and putting it over the liver area for 8 hours per day. Just to give you an example of how powerful this can be, there was a young lady with chronic pancreatitis who was going to have her pancreas removed because of how bad her case was. Even with pain meds, nausea meds & a liquid diet she was still constantly so ill that it was uncontrollable. A doctor who was familiar with activated charcoal began her on a regimen of using the poultice 8 hours a night over her pancreas, and drinking a slurry internally 3x a day. Within 48 hours she was eating solid food, and within 2 weeks she was out of bed functioning. It took 3 months to get her to a normal and stable place, but to me it was a huge testament. Others shared how their high liver enzymes got normalized within a few weeks, and all these great stories were enough for me to give it a try myself.
It is extremely important to use PURE charcoal powder for this. At first I took my capsules and crushed them up and tried to do it that way. It was a big mistake because all the fillers in them actually made me much more sick. It wasn't until I switched to pure charcoal powder that I realized what a world of difference it makes. I buy mine here & it's worked really well!
You can read how to make a poultice here, but its basically like a charcoal patch that sits over the liver and pulls toxins out.The key is to tape it up so that it stays damp on the skin. It sounds far fetched, but I can attest to just how much this indeed helps. It has made all the difference for me since I began, and I am so thankful I landed upon it. It has helped clear the brain fog, gave me a little pep in my step, and just overall taken down the toxic feeling. If you have ever felt it, you know what I mean. You feel like you are in a haze, and your body feels weighed down and exhausted. Using the activated charcoal poultice along with my other detox methods has helped during my time of extreme need, and I urge you to give this a try! A tablespoon of the powder is all you need per dose so the 1lb bag goes a long way. You can also mix it in water or put it in capsules to take it internally which is a great toxin binder, but you MUST make sure to drink it 2 hours away from all meds (since it will soak them up). The charcoal poultice on the skin though will NOT interfere with medicine absorption.
1. Mix up some charcoal powder with 1 TBSP of water to make a paste the texture of pancake batter.
2. Either put this mix directly on your skin over the liver/pancreas OR use a cheesecloth and put that on your skin first and put the charcoal mix on top of it. Because the fabric of cheesecloth has holes the paste will get through without it being directly on your skin. It's up to you.
3. Take a piece of paper towel and wet it so its damp and place it on top of the charcoal paste.
4. Take a piece of Saran Wrap and put it over top of the damp towel. Optional, you can tape the edges of the Saran Wrap with a paper tape to seal it in.
5. Take a heating pad and put it on top of this poultice to lock in heat and draw the charcoal into the skin.
6. Lie like this for at least an hour (longer if possible)
I hope this can be helpful to someone else, if you have any questions please feel free to leave me a comment & I will do my best to answer it. As always I am not a Doctor, so none of this is intended to supplement medical advice.